Monday, November 12, 2012

Banana Trifles

The Original Pin
      If you hadn't noticed....I'm on a bit of a banana kick. I used to hate bananas. With a passion. But then one day my roommate bought some and I saw her eating one and I thought to myself, dang, that looks delicious! So I went to the store and bought myself 3 bananas. I ate the first one and it was SOOOO good. Now I really, really like bananas. And I've bought like 10 more since then.
     I also chose this pin because I had to redeem myself from the last banana treat that didn't turn out so well...and my mom was  needed to make these trifles for a Young Women's activity, so she helped me a lot. It worked out well.
     Making these trifles was unbelievably easy, but maybe that was just because my sister was helping, my mom was helping, and my adorable nieces and nephews were helping too. Many hands truly do make light work, and we had these trifles made in less than a half hour.
     The first step to making this delicious treat was to make banana pudding from a pudding mix, that part was easy and then you make another mixture of some sort....I forgot what it had in it but I'm pretty sure it was cream cheese with cool whip and sweetened condensed milk. We mixed each of those together separately and then combined them.
     That part was really cool because one mixture was white and the other one was yellow, so when they were stirred together it looked like a really cool swirl. Ok, enough about that....after the pudding mixture was put together we got to do the fun part, assembling the trifle.
     We laid out the cups and began by putting vanilla wafers on the bottom layer. After that, we put the pudding, then banana slices, followed by more pudding and then we topped it off with cool whip and a vanilla wafer. And to add a little pizazz we sprinkled heath bar crumbs over the top.
      They looked so dang good! Seriously. I was very proud of my family....we worked together and accomplished a wonderful thing. We made food! Except I didn't get to eat any of it which is extremely depressing.
      How am I supposed to properly rate it without even getting to eat it? Oh well, I'll just base my rating on easiness of execution and aesthetics. I'll tell you what, it was super aesthetically pleasing. In a major way. If I saw that in a window of a bakery I would race in to the store and see how much it cost, and if it was a reasonable price then I would definitely purchase it. And eat it. A lot of it. And I guess even if it was a little expensive I might consider buying it still just because it looked that good. I'm a poor college student and I would probably break my bank for this.
      That is why I am giving this pin a 8.97. I would have given it a higher score if I could have tasted it because I'm sure it was delicious. But still an 8.97 is an amazingly high rating. That is as good as hot chocolate on a snowy day. Actually, hot chocolate on a snowy day while you're sitting by a window and the Christmas tree is up is like a 3000 out of 10. So I guess it's almost as good as that. So yeah, this is a good pin. Do it. Enjoy it. Live long and prosper!


The ingredients...ok so the bananas are super ripe. Don't judge, we wanted them to be sweet!
Slice the bananas, don't they look pretty!

The two mixtures about to be combined...

Combining them....doesn't it look cool?

Beginning the assembly.

Another layer added.

Bam! The final product. They look dang good!

Yummy! And killer presentation might I add. :)
















   

No comments:

Post a Comment