Monday, November 5, 2012

PB&B Bites. Yum.


The Original Pin
            Frozen peanut butter banana bites sounds super delicious, doesn’t it? At least that’s what I thought when I saw the pin on Pinterest. It looked so appetizing that I decided to make it and post about how well it turned out on my blog. And I also decided to make it because I had peanut butter and bananas are super cheap and yeah, I’m a poor college student.
            So after I made myself some super delicious dinner, I decided to make the frozen banana bites for dessert. They took less than 5 minutes to make which was way nice, and the difficulty level was 0. Seriously, they were so easy to make that probably a small child could have made them.
            I started off by peeling the banana and then slicing it into ½ inch slices. When I was finished with that I took a knife and spread peanut butter on to one side of a banana slice, and then put another one on top like a sandwich! It was super cute. And I was getting really excited. The only bad part about making them was the fact that the banana was really sticky and slimy which is gross. So minus a point for that.
            When all the PB&B sandwiches were put together, I put them in the freezer like a good girl because that is what the recipe said to do. It said to freeze it for at least 2 hours. I put them in at 8:45 pm so at 10:45 is when they would be done.
While I was waiting for them to freeze, I decided to finish my homework. That was probably the best decision I’ve made all night, because now I’m not stressed out about my difficult assignment for my journalism class! Yay! Woo-hoo! Go me! Ok that’s beside the point, I finished my homework and started chatting with my roomies.
            I was in my roommates room talking about the chocolate muffins that my other roommate attempted to make that got burned, when I looked at the clock. It said 10:33. I figured that that was close enough to 10:45 and raced to the kitchen to find out if my PB&B bites turned out good.
            Unfortunately, they didn’t.
            They were disgusting. Like ridiculously disgusting and I could barely force myself to eat two which looking back sounds like a lot when I should have stopped after the first bite of the first one. But still, you get the picture. They were bad. And if you don’t believe me, ask my roommates. Story time:
            It was a bleak November night on that fateful day, when Madeline and Shmerg walked into the kitchen where their crazy roommate, Anna (aka me), was making delicious frozen banana-peanut-bites. They were so thrilled at the sight of food that they didn’t even question where it came from, or if it was even good or not, they just hurried and picked one up and shoved it in their mouths. Freeze frame. This is where it gets good. Action!
            They hadn’t even chewed it for more than one second when they were running for the trashcan to relieve themselves of the burden of feeling like they were going to throw-up. That’s right. They almost threw-up. Maddie and Shmerg spit out the PB&B bites faster than you could say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (But you do have to give me some credit, that word takes a ridiculously long time to say).
            Moral of the story: the PB&B bites were awful. I would not recommend them, even to an enemy. No one deserves to have that torture put on them. Ok, so maybe I’m exaggerating a little, but they really were not very good at all. They were slimy and not sweet and banana-y and just plain nasty. But I guess that could have been my fault and not the recipe’s fault because I found out later that it was really only 9:33 when I took them out because my roommate didn’t changer her clock after daylight saving time happened. I’m going to blame the fact that they were disgusting on that; that they didn’t have enough time to mature and ripen and become delicious. I think that sounds right. Yeah. It does.
            I give this pin a 1.5 out 10. That’s almost as bad as running out of gas in the middle of the road. And that’s bad. Anyway, I hope that whatever I make next turns out better. That would be lovely. Until next time, Adios!

The seemingly harmless ingredients...


Almost there, just need to freeze them, oh my they're so cute!

The finished product....ps it's disgusting! Yay! Success. Also Sarcasm. 


No comments:

Post a Comment